Speaker: Heather Woolery-Lloyd, MD & Joshua Zeichner, MD
Heather Woolery-Lloyd, MD
Dr. Woolery-Lloyd is a board-certified dermatologist and an internationally recognized expert in skin of color. She completed her undergraduate studies at Georgetown University and later earned her medical degree at the University of Miami School of Medicine. She completed her training in dermatology at the University of Miami where she also served as chief resident.
Dr. Woolery-Lloyd serves as the Director of Skin of Color Division at the University of Miami and specializes in the treatment of both cosmetic and general dermatology concerns common in skin of color. She also sees patients in private practice.
Dr. Woolery-Lloyd participates extensively in clinical research and has over 40 publications in the literature. Dr. Woolery-Lloyd is an active member of Skin of Color Society, an international non-profit organization dedicated to furthering research and awareness of skin diseases in skin of color.
Joshua Zeichner, MD
Dr. Joshua Zeichner is the Director of Cosmetic and Clinical Research in Dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He is one of the country’s key opinion leaders in treating acne and is an expert in cosmeceuticals and skin care. He is actively engaged in clinical research, and his work has been published in the top peer-reviewed Dermatology journals. As an educator, Dr. Zeichner trains residents and medical students and regularly lectures to international audiences at the major Dermatology meetings. He is frequently called on by the media for his expert opinion, and he can be found quoted in national magazines and newspapers. Dr. Zeichner is consistently ranked as one of the New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly, included as one of New York City Super Doctors published annually in The New York Times Magazine, and was voted by his peers as one of New York Magazine’s Best Doctors in 2020.
What to expect:
Acne in Dermatology – Going Beyond the Surface
- Understand the pathophysiology of acne.
- Understand the different clinical presentations of acne.
- Understand the different theories of acne pathogenesis.
- Understand the incidence of acne in the United States and recognize the importance of early detection and treatment to prevent scarring, discoloration, anxiety and depression.
The Approach to Utilization of Oral Antibiotics and Systemic Therapy in Different Age Groups and Ethnicities
- Understand when to initiate oral antibiotics and set expectations for improvement.
- Assess systemic therapies for pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients.
- Evaluate the different treatment modalities for ethnic skin.
- Utilization of topical therapy with oral antibiotics.
- Learn which oral antibiotics are considered narrow spectrum and how this can affect efficacy and adverse reactions.
Managing Persistent Severe Nodular Acne Vulgaris with Isotretinoin and Navigating Recalcitrant and Rare Forms of Acne.
- Learn when to initiate a conversation about isotretinoin, risk v. benefits, setting expectations, and lab monitoring.
- Understand how total cumulative dosing of isotretinoin and formulations play a role in successful and long-term treatment outcomes.
- How to navigate I-Pledge.
- Management and treatment of recalcitrant and rare forms of acne.